TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

On Friday evening and Saturday morning I worked on installing nuts for my railbuttons. I had gotten some special nuts from another local rocketeer that were supposed to embed in the wall of the airframe from the inside. Unfortunately they were not intended for use in kraft paper tubes and wouldn't seat. I ended up having to epoxy them into place which was rather tricky, since the forward nut was nearly two feet down the inside of my 2+" tube.

On Sunday I got back to work on the rocket and got the payload and nose cone mostly painted. I got the airframe primed. The photos show the airframe ready for painting, with bolts threaded into the nuts to keep paint from getting into them and tape over the bolts to keep them from being stuck to the nuts.


Photo Album: 2010-09-12, Vulcanite Airframe

No comments:

Post a Comment