TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Friday, August 20, 2010

Ordering Fiasco

I placed the order for the fiberglassing materials for use on the Vulcanite on July 28th or 29th with Soller Composites. (I can't tell from the receipt generated by Soller which day it was.) On the afternoon of the 29th I received an email from the sales department stating they were out of stock on the nitrile gloves I'd ordered and that they expected to have them back in stock on Monday (presumably August, 2nd) and asking if I wanted to wait for them to arrive. I replied that I would wait until they could ship the entire order. I was expecting an email to tell me my order had shipped on the 2nd. When I hadn't heard anything by the afternoon of the 4th I sent an email inquiring about the order status. I got back an email (with a time stamp more than an hour before I sent my inquiry) stating the order was still being held pending delivery of the gloves and they expected them to be back in stock later in the week. I again agreed to continue waiting. By August 11th I was tired of waiting and called them up and left a voice mail advising them to cancel the gloves and ship the order posthaste. I followed the phone call with a an email stating the same. That afternoon I got an email stating that my order was shipped and provided two tracking numbers. While Jon Soller had said it would only take UPS three or four days to get the order to me, it took the full week I had predicted, so I finally got the order on August 18th. I inspected the order and discovered that I'd only been shipped one of the three shrink tubes I'd ordered. I called and left a voice mail stating the deficiency. On the morning of the 19th I received an email stating that a package had been shipped via USPS priority mail, so I assume my missing tubes are on their way.

In the mean time Soller charged my credit card for the full amount of the purchase on July 30th, a charge that included the cost of the nitrile gloves. To date they have not applied the credit for the gloves, so I will be back on the phone with them on Monday.

Due to the quality of service I've received so far I really wish there were another vendor out there selling the fiberglass sleeving material. So far Soller is the only vendor I've found. I've also not heard any complaints from the other local rocketeers that have used their services, so hopefully my experiences are an isolated event.

No comments:

Post a Comment