TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm not a pin-striper!

I had the paint looking pretty good on the Arreaux, but had a couple things I wanted to try. The first thing was to use a gold leaf paint in an airbrush to apply a technique I've seen on TV to produce a scale like affect. I tried it on a practice tube first (an old wrapping paper tube) and found that the gold paint wouldn't work well in the airbrush. I scratched that plan. I also have a gold leaf pen that I wanted to do a pin stripe along the edge between the two colors already on the rocket. I made a horrible mess of things and am now in the process of sanding back down to a workable point. I'll then have to redo the original design that I was reasonably happy with. Since my fiberglass for the Vulcanite should be arriving this week and I really need to get that project moving I don't know when I'll get the paint finished on the Arreaux.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment