TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stepping up to a High Power Rocket.




I've made my choice for the rocket I intend to use to my get Level 1 and Level 2 TRA Certifcations. I'm going to build an LOC/Precision Vulcanite H76 kit, with numerous upgrades. I'm following the upgrade recommendations that can be found on the Apogee Rockets web site in order to beef it up for flights on the J class motors.

I ordered the kit from Hobbylinc.com. The order was shipped within 1 day and delivered promptly via FedEx Ground, arriving in Idaho from Georgia 5 days after I placed my order. Kudos to both for fine service.

Since the first upgrade will be to fiberglass the airframe I'm also ordering an LOC airframe tube of the same dimensions as the main tube in the kit  from Apogee Rockets. This tube will be my practice piece before committing to glassing the real tubes from the kit. If it comes out good I'll have it available for use on a future project.

The packaged kit as it arrived.


The components of the kit laid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment