TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Saturday, November 5, 2016

AltimeterTwo Charging - Check!

Digging into my rocketry gear I located my AltimeterTwo still installed in Flying Colors from the last time that I flew. I plugged it into a USB port and left it charging overnight. The next day found that it was still indicating it was charging, which I would not have expected. Still, after that long on the charger it should show me something if I turned it on, so I unplugged it and did just that only to discover that it wouldn't turn on. I contacted Jolly Logic support and they advised me that the Lithium batteries used in many devices, such as your cell phone, including the ones in their altimeters must be kept charged or they will discharge to a point that they can't be recovered. The only option was to have the battery replace, a service they provide. I shipped my altimeter off to California where they did a quick battery change and promptly shipped it back to me. I received it yesterday and was able to immediately turn it on and see the data from my last flight was still available. It is now fully charged and I have a calendar reminder to recharge it once-a-month.

No comments:

Post a Comment