TopLinks

My Rockets

Other TIR Member Web Sites

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Red, White, & Blue Day

After scrubbing last week's scheduled launch due to marginal weather conditions we got a "Go" for Saturday's "rain date." We got to the site with clear skies and cold temperatures. Once the sun got up for a bit it warmed up nicely and we had a great launch day. Shortly before noon I had a Cesaroni 649J335-15A loaded and was ready to launch Flying Colors on it's 5th flight. When the LCO pressed the launch button we were treated to a brilliant laser red flame, white smoke, and blue skies as Flying Colors leapt off the pad and raced to an altitude of 7588' AGL, setting a new personal altitude record for me. After recovering my rocket about 2/3 mile from the pad I spent much of the rest of the day shooting videos of other launches.


Video: Flying Colors, Flight #5, Composite


Photo Album: 2011-04-23, TIR Launch


Video Playlist: April 23, 2011 - Launch Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment